Sunday, February 24, 2013

Burma- Thoughts

Feb 24th 2013

 

My thoughts

                Tonight at our pre-port meeting the main thing I got from it was that Burma will be a place like any other place we will go to on this journey. With this I am so excited. I have seen some documentaries on Mayanmar (Burma), and in this I got a taste of the amazing country and I am even more fired up now to finally be going there for 5 days. This is a place that the government is taking over the lives of the people. People are in some ways upset that we are going here because our money is in some ways supporting the government, but in reality were also supporting the people. I am not really nervous, in fact I am sad we don't have more time in this country to see more.

 

What I hope to learn

More about Buddhism,  learn more about living in a poverty stricken country and also a country under hard control under their government, and learn more about/from the people here

 

What I am most excited about

The golden Rock- A major pilgrimage site

Visiting my first orphanage (Also really nervous)

The pagodas

 

 

What I am most nervous about

Nothing…

 

The tentative plan so far

Day 1- Dinner and exploring Rangoon

Day 2-  Rangoon

Day 3- Golden Rock

Day 4 – Golden Rock

Day 5- Orphanage Visit

 

 

Love

Casey

Cookie

T

Cassandra-Marie Jean Cole

 

No comments:

Post a Comment