Monday, February 11, 2013

Pre-Vietnam thoughts!

                Tomorrow morning we will be chugging up the river to Ho Chi Min city at around 8am, but we won’t arrive until noon. Here is my pre-Vietnam thoughts. I know I couldn’t do it for china. But I have some time for Vietnam! So here is a small portion of the many thoughts I keep thinking as we get closer. I doubt I will be post much while I am in Vietnam. I will try though since its 6 days and 2 day after Vietnam were in Singapore!

 

My thoughts

Tonight was our pre-port meeting for Vietnam and honestly it made me really wake up and begin to worry about where exactly we are going. Vietnam is really our first port of which there are real dangers we need to worry about. Things I didn’t have to think about in intensively in other countries I really have to stay on my feet here. They warned us tonight of the diseases, danger in traffic and more. Vietnam may be beautiful but it is also going to be a wakeup call. Although I am kind of scared of all of this, I am also insanely excited. I want Vietnam to challenge me (in a healthy way), I  want to learn a ton, I want to meet people and swap stories. I am really really glad I have two friends that I am traveling with who both speak Vietnamese. Honestly it is going to make the trip a little easier than most people. But also takes away from the experience of not having any Vietnamese.

 

 

What I hope to learn

                I hope to learn a lot about the people, how they live, what their systems are like in the city. I hope to learn basic Vietnamese phrases. I hope to learn more about traveling, become a better traveler. i hope to learn more about myself and grow as a person, as a global citizen and take in every moment to the best I can.

               

What I am most excited about

                The food. The culture. The people. Shopping. Sightseeing. Learning more about Vietnam and having my previous thoughts about this place be challenged

                

What I am most nervous about

 

                Diseases. Being robbed. Getting lost

 

The Tentative Plan So Far

 

Day 1- Beach with Chelsea

Day 2-  Da Lat- explore area/ hiking/ parasailing?

Day 3- Da Lat-explore

Day 4- Ho Chi Min city- meet my friends family who lives there and spend the day with them

Day 5- Ho Chi Min City- see the city, the tunnels from the Vietnam war, war memorial                   

Day 6- explore the city, be back on the ship in time for barbeque dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment