Saturday, February 23, 2013

Wait, are we really on our way to Burma?

Yes, yes we are. I am actually really nervous for Burma.

 

I know I still have to write about Vietnam and Singapore. For now though I am trying to do schoolwork, because I forget I actually have school sometimes because were so busy.

Today I have my two classes and I also booked a service trip in Burma. I am going to visit an orphanage. This will be my first time being exposed to something like this, so I am nervous for how it will affect me. But I feel that it is important that I do this at least once while on semester at sea. Everyone who has done SAS before and has done an orphanage visit has said it was a major changing event for their voyage.

So for Burma, I will be in Rangoon for a day, visiting the Golden rock for 2 days and then the last day I will be at the orphanage.

But for now we have today, tomorrow and the next day to recover from Vietnam and Singapore. I still feel like I am in Japan.

Time is going so fast but I am having an amazing time and feeling really great. Not only mentally but physically I am losing weight and I have been feel healthier. I brought jeans that fit me before the voyage and are now too big and jeans that were tight and now fit perfectly. We arrived at our first country about a month ago and we have already hit half of our countries.

Burma-India-Mauritius-South Africa-Ghana-Morocco and Spain are left.

BUT my mom booked her flight the other day and is officially meeting me in Rome. Although it is right after SAS I am really happy I will get to travel with my mom, especially since she has never really been to another country outside of North America. She has been to Canada (awhile ago) and Turks and Caicos (but that was to a resort not for a cultural experience). So I am really glad I get to go to Italy, Greece, Turkey and Croatia with her and my best friends older sister.

Also she told me she had to buy me a round trip ticket form Rome because it was cheaper which means I have a ticket back to Italy in August………….. maybe I’ll win the lottery and go back to Europe.

So that’s what’s new in my life.

 

Oh and I have lost my debit card……….

I have my other banks card on the ship with me (My Oswego card) , although I don’t know why. I didn’t tell them I was leaving the country though…

 

                I DIDN’T TAKE IT OFF THE SHIP S IT’S LOST IN MY ROOM, SO I AM NOT REPORTING IT UNTIL I FEEL LIKE IT’S A PROBLEM. Once I report it I cannot book trips through SAS and buy things on the ship….

I am mad though because I had it in a safe place but while in port I moved it for some reason… ugh

 

 

Grandpa (since I know you will worry the most)- I have cash, mom is keeping an eye on my account. I  have a good amount of cash on me, enough ot get by. I will probably have to book things through SAS though so I don’t run out of cash

Mom- Thank you

Dad- refer to mom if you have any questions, she has my bank info that’s why she knows

All others- Hi

 

OK, New topic

 

 

 

I am like 80 percent sure I will be doing the South Africa Safari. I really want to do it now since I need to book SAS trips. I am so torn between doing it and spending the money or not doing it and saving. Also I need to decide what I want to do in Morocco since I am really nervous about Morocco too and I want to have a plan for that country (which probably means an SAS  trip). I found one I like for about 600 (2 nights and 3 days, on the Sahara). So… decisions decisions because I cannot afford to do the Safari AND the Sahara. I would choose the Safari over it though.

 

I am sorry this post was almost like a rant. I just am at the point where I have A LOT going on.

3 days to catch up on school (a lot to do)

Blog- need to catch up before I forget what I did and things I want to remember

Debit card

Money

Trips?

Country worries

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment