Sunday, March 24, 2013

A tearful goodbye to Desmond Tutu- South Africa in the morning

Tomorrow I will have my feet on African soil and I have a field lab of which I am meeting the commissioner of gender equality!

                Tonight though the whole ship was in the union as we thanked Archbishop for his time and said goodbye. Someone made a video which was well done and made everyone cry because It perfectly summed up his time on the ship. Before this he lead palm Sunday service which was a little crazy because of rough seas and disorganized  but we sang some songs and had communion. Archbishop sang with us and blessed our palm crosses (which were made by local churches in Mauritius) and overall  we all knew how blessed we were to have this experience.

                Tata for now. I am so tired and I know it’ll be a rocky night because the shop is rocking pretty hard. NIGHT!

 

Oh if I have time I hope to write a pre Africa post tomorrow before getting off the ship. if not I will do it hopefully after the first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment