Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Pre-India Thoughts

My thoughts

                I am sitting in bed, I have not been outside yet BUT WERE IN INDIA!. I am going to pack and then head through immigration where I am meeting up with this girl Amee who is traveling with me through India! We have an 8pm flight to Delhi and then were staying there and going to Agra tomorrow for the Taj! I am in amazement that I am actually going to be traveling around India for the next 5 days. I am so excited for this adventure and this is the country I was originally most excited about. I know India is probably going to be one of those countries that change me and give me an even bigger perspective on the world, on poverty and the people living in the world. Since this is one of the biggest countries in the world I’m really excited to see it, to experience it and to travel in it. BRING IT ON INDIA!

 

What I hope to learn

I hope to have my previous thoughts about India challenged. I hope to see things that make me think. I hope to learn more about Hinduism and more about the culture of India. I also learn to learn more about me as a traveler since it’s just me and this other girl traveling together so it will be a new challenge figuring everything out. Especially since people say traveling in India can be pretty hectic.

                                

What I am most excited about

             The culture. The food (as long as I don’t get TD L). The people. The Taj! Varanasi!

               

What I am most nervous about

Getting sick from the food or water. Language barriers.

 

The Plan So Far

 

Day 1- Relaxing and then off to the airport

Day 2-  TAJ MAHAL

Day 3- AGRA/TRAIN TO VARANASI

Day 4- VARANASI

Day 5- FLIGHT BACK TO COCHIN (WHERE THE SHIP IS)

Day 6- EXPLORE COCHIN

No comments:

Post a Comment