Monday, March 25, 2013

Hello from Cape Town, South Africa!

                Today we pulled in. I had a field lab which ended up being pretty cool and now I am back on the ship early and enjoying a room to myself for a bit before my roomies are back and then I pack tonight for my Safari tomorrow!

                A lot of students have parents that are here for the parent trip to SA! So people on my field lab before we got on the bus got greeted by their families at the gate of the ship. I almost started crying because it was so touching to see families crying and hugging and waiting for their loved ones to get off the ship. people had signs and were waving and screaming and more.

 It’s been almost 4 months since I saw anyone and with limited communication I miss them a lot. Doesn’t help that families are touring the ship today and I am a bit jealous they get to show their families the ship. but I am still also really glad that my mom is meeting me in Italy in April! So it’s coming up quick (too quick). I don’t even want to think about having to leave my home the MV explorer.

My roommate and a few other friends are on the Safari with me tomorrow and I am so excited to leave tomorrow!

 

Have a great day everyone!

Love

casey

No comments:

Post a Comment