Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Burma relfection

I just left India but I remembered that I never made a Burma reflection beforehand!

 

Burma

                I went into Burma having not herd about this country until SAS. I came out of it wanting to go back. Although it is a very poverty stricken country and the people are oppressed by their government, the people are overwhelmingly friendly to foreigners and given their circumstances were some of the happiest people I have ever met. Granted, things are getting better there and in 10 years if I went back it will be a different country since in a few years they will have an election and their government will keep changing.

                I had an amazing time in Burma and what made it amazing were the people who always wanted to help us and were always so curious as to where we are from. I really liked being able to approach someone and not feel hesitant. I pretty much knew if I asked someone for directions they would be very helpful. Throughout all of the poverty I thought the temples and pagodas were so beautiful, I would be driving through a slum and in the middle of the it would be a tall golden pagoda. I saw a lot in Burma and I feel like I got a good sample of southern Burma, I am so glad our ship had the opportunity to be there, because the past 6 voyages have not been able to go there because it was unsafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment