Sunday, January 13, 2013

A morning at sea. Thoughts

I woke up, had a small breakfast and headed out onto the deck. It is one of the most peaceful places on the ship. I can sit here, on my laptop or with a book for hours. No matter what direction you look in, all you can see is ocean. There is no other ships out here, there is only the MV explorer, a few birds and whatever life is underneath us. I normally despise mornings, but for the past few days it has been pretty easy to get up and get ready for the day.

                My roommates both have early morning classes on A days, so once they leave I usually relax in bed and gradually get up since my class is not until 12:50 and 15:20. (we use a 24 hour clock on the ship). I actually eat breakfast on the ship since it is the best meal of the day, and then I have been out on the deck since breakfast. It is a a little windy, but its 70 outside. It’s beautiful. I have a lot of reading to do, but I take frequent breaks to look out and see if anything new is visible. This journey is really does make you think. You have so much time to yourself or to learn about others. Right now it is about 10am on the ship. The sun is occasionally peeking out of the clouds and I am enjoying some cold water I purchased before going outside. Water is free, but the free water has a funky taste and I got seasick after drinking a ton of water so I am kind of scared to drink it again even though it’s safe to drink.

                It’s interesting to look out behind the ship, the propellers churn up the water and cause the water to become less dense and more oxidized. Because of this it changes the color of the water to a very pretty light blue as we sail. So for as far as the eye can see there is a trail of light blue water in the middle of a dark blue sea. I would say the dark blue water reminds me of Moby Dick or some other sea story, it’s not a scary blue, but a cold water blue. The sea water is actually 65 degrees though so it’s not freezing!

Anyway

I am going to try and get schoolwork done before my class.

If there is lots of spelling and grammar mistakes I apologize I am a horrible editor and I need to work on making sure I double check my writing.

Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment