Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day two of classes

I had all of my “B” day classes today. One is Oceanography, the second was a “Race, class and gender” which is anthropology.

In Oceanography, mid-way through class, our professor stopped and pointed out the window of the room, then herded us outside to all look at a bird. It’s a bird that lives only in the pacific ocean, it spends 2/3 of its life out in the ocean. It lives on very little and in order to stay alive it doesn’t flap its wings, instead it glides with the wind to keep alive. I always thought that the was only life below the ocean this far out, but apparently there is still life above, which interested me immensely.

                The class has a field lab (For each class we are required to go out on a lab with the professor), in Hawaii and we are going up a volcano. I don’t really know what to expect for this but I am excited because obviously vocanos and Hawaii go hand in hand. I hope to go to a beach bonfire on the first night. One my second day in Hawaii I really just want to enjoy the beach, maybe see a show? Who knows. My second class is not my favorite, mostly because it has a lot of dull reading. If I could I would switch out, but I don’t want to mess up my financial aid and stuff. So I will suffer through it haha

                I found out our ship has a spa. Life is rough when your living on a cruise ship that has 25 dollar massages, facials and more. I am actually looking forward to getting a massage at some point. I just got back from dinner and we are so lucky. At dinner it is buffet style, but they have waiters who come around and help with drinks and take your plates away. It’s really nice that even though we have schoolwork, life on the ship is really nice. Especially once you get over being sea sick, stumbling through the hallway and the fact that a lot of things will cost you extra. For example I have to pay 6 dollars for a load of laundry (ew). But I brought detergent so I can do some in the sink J

 

Anywhoooo

Keep in touch

Love you

Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment