Friday, January 11, 2013

First day of class!

I am definitely having a better day then yesterday. I was able to eat lunch, and able to pay attention for my first day of classes!

Basically we have A, B, study days and in port days. While on the ship classes rotate between A and B.

                My first class was Religions of the world. My second was Anthropology of religion. So basically my “A” day schedule is religion classes lol.

I really enjoyed classes, it’s very different than a traditional class which I love. The class size is pretty small. The classrooms have couches and chairs instead of desks which is more comfortable and the classrooms are all near the same area. I love that the professors seem to all be very friendly, and more focused less on hard grading but more on the experience. I love that at lunch or dinner we eat or talk with professors and lifelong learners (people who are older and pay to take this journey for their love of learning and traveling). I love that this really is a floating campus, a floating family.

                The atmosphere on the ship is amazing. People are so so so friendly. Everyone is in love with this program and everyone has been planning for this voyage for a long time. At our welcoming ceremony, we were told that less than 1 percent of the world has a college education and less than 1 percent of the world has circumnavigated the globe. I am doing both with makes me so lucky, blessed and grateful.

I am now off to dinner with friends and then doing some schoolwork before an early bedtime J

Love yall

Casey

1 comment:

  1. it sounds like an amazing program I really like h
    your classroom setting :)

    ReplyDelete