Wednesday, January 23, 2013

IT'S MEXICAN NIGHT

               Tonight is the highlight of every SAS’er dining experience. Since every night for dinner it is usually a pasta, potato and vegetable… taco night is everyone’s favorite! This is the first time having one and it was such a treat to have something different! Today was a pretty rough day at sea, we had some pretty high waves and last night we did too so I got hardly any sleep. We get to turn our clocks back another hour tonight though (although it is a pretty normal thing now). So were going to be 15 hours ahead of you guys! In my religions classes were highly focused on Buddhism which Is a lot of fun to actually learn about and it’s forms. In Japan on the first day I am going meditating in a Zen temple! So I am really excited to be enriched In that experience and see what It is like.

                On the second day of Japan me and friends have decided we want to go to Tokyo and spend 2 days there, then after were taking a sleeper bus to Kyoto to spend a day and then meet the ship in Kobe! It will be a long trip but I am really excited to get a good sample of Japan, even though it is the most expensive country I think we have found some pretty economical and safe ways to travel around. There are three of us so far and possibly 4. Tonight I might go to a seminar on Chinese history and a “fireside” chat with unreasonable at sea. But since I am lacking sleep I might be in bed early. Ta ta for now

 

Lots of love

Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment